1. (n.) A person of the highest or sacerdotal caste among the Hindoos.
2. (n.) any of several breeds of Indian cattle; especially a large American heat and tick resistant greyish humped breed evolved in the Gulf States by interbreeding Indian cattle and now used chiefly for crossbreeding
3. (n.) the highest of the four varnas: the priestly or sacerdotal category
4. (n.) a member of the highest of the four Hindu varnas
5. (n.) a member of a social and cultural elite (especially a descendant of an old New England family)